BASIC POWERPOINT INSTRUCTIONS
- Log on to a computer. Go to <START>, go to <PROGRAMS>, go to <POWERPOINT>
- Click <CREATE A NEW PRESENTATION>
- Enter your TITLE on your first slide. You may want to include your class, NAME, and date.
- Go to the top menu bar, click <INSERT> and go to <NEW SLIDE>
- Create your powerpoint slide show:
· Keep it simple – include space between your words and pictures.
· Too many colors or animation can distract the focus from your information.
· Large, simple fonts are easier to read on the screen.
· Make sure your pictures or maps describe your subject.
- If you search the internet for information.
- How to COPY and PASTE from clip art or a website:
· RIGHT CLICK with your mouse.
· On the pop-up menu, click <COPY>
· Go to your powerpoint slide and click; on the pop-up menu click <PASTE>
- Your LAST SLIDE will be your bibliography (just like a report on paper)
· List all of your sources of information in your last slide which should be titled REFERENCES.